Gender Pay Gap Data
The data reported below applies to the reference date of 5th April 2017, prior to the sale of Monarch Education Limited by the Capita plc group.
• Women’s hourly rate is 8.4% lower (mean) and 5.7% lower (median).
• Top salary quartile has 40.9% men and 59.1% women
• Upper middle salary quartile has 36.6% men and 63.4% women
• Lower middle salary quartile has 41.9% men and 58.1% women
• Lower salary quartile has 24.8% men and 75.2% women
• Women’s bonus pay is 4.9% lower (mean) and 0.4% lower (median)
• 40.3% of men and 35.5% of women received bonus pay
Monarch Education Limited is an employment business (temporary staffing agency) specialising in the supply of permanent, long-term temporary and cover teachers within the education sector. Our gender pay gap data is made up of a mix of our permanent staff delivering recruitment services and our directly-payrolled temporary workers (i.e. workers not engaged through intermediaries) who were engaged on contracts for services as of the reference date (specific to our CER division).
More than half of the rates within scope of the analysis, therefore, were determined with reference to standardised public sector pay scales, whereas the remainder were determined by the business according to reward schemes within each trading division (Monarch and CER). The split of female/male permanent employees as at the reference date was almost identical to the split amongst directly-engaged temporary workers within scope of the reporting.
As at the reference date above, the business was under ownership of the Capita plc group. Monarch Education Limited is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Affinity Workforce group of companies, led by Nicola McQueen (group CEO).