In recent months, communicating online has become the new norm. If you are searching for a new job, you might be required to participate in an online interview due to the latest COVID restrictions. The prospect of doing an online interview might feel even more nerve-wracking than usual, especially if it's your first time.
So we have some tips on how to make your experience that bit easier.
- Test run your computer – Make sure that your software and internet connections are up to date and are running smoothly. Check both audio and camera are working correctly before you start your interview. We don’t want you to cut out mid interview!
- Pick the perfect spot – Make sure you are sitting in a well-lit area. Natural light is the best, sit facing a window and away from bright lights so as not to create a glare.
- No distractions – Put yourself in a quiet room with no pets, background noise or anything that cause you to lose focus.
- Dress appropriately – Although you are not meeting your interviewer in person, first impressions count. Be sure to dress smartly and sit up straight.
- Take your time – Make notes for the key points you want to mention. It’s easy to rush or talk over others when you’re online
- Stay engaged – Make sure you look straight at the camera and maintain eye contact.
Want some more advice on how to ace that interview?! Get in touch with the team today to discuss our latest roles and get some top tips from our experts.