Refer a Friend Terms & Conditions
The CER Refer a Friend scheme and these terms and conditions refer to any instances of a valid candidate referral for CER.
- The new bonuses outlined below are effective as of the 1st May 2019. Any referrals made by submitting web form or in writing to the branch before this change, will receive the previous bonus quantities.
- Excludes referred candidates who are already registered with CER and actively seeking work.
- Referrals must be made to CER before or at registration as any referrals made at a later stage may not be valid.
- CER must receive confirmation from the referrer of whom they have referred accompanied by confirmation from the referee. A completed web or written form is required to complete the process.
- To qualify for a reward, your friend must be registered within 4 weeks of the form being submitted and placed within 3 months.
- If you introduce a friend or colleague who is placed in a role or assignment through CER, any of its affiliate brands or group companies, the referrer will be eligible for their bonus only after the referee has completed 20 days work. These days must be completed and claimed in the first 8 weeks of activation and will be paid within the next 4 weeks. Weeks falling into school holidays will not be counted.
- If your friend leaves CER prior to completing the hours outlined above but attempts to re-activate their registration you will not be eligible for your bonus unless a new claim has been submitted.
- Upon your friend’s successful registration and completion of 20 days you will receive £250 for referring a Teacher/Classroom Support Staff OR split the bonus in half with your friend and receive £125 each.
- Upon your friend’s successful registration and completion of 20 days you will receive £100 for referring Non Classroom Support Staff OR split the bonus in half with your friend and receive £50 each.
- The bonus can only be halved, no other requests regarding different bonus amounts and ratio split will be accepted.
- Upon agreeing to halve the bonus with your friend, CER require written confirmation via letter or email from both parties as well as an outline of the amount expected.
- Once confirmation is provided, the decision is final and cannot be changed.
- Non-registered candidates will receive a £50 voucher bonus for referring suitable Non Classroom Support Staff.
- Non-registered candidates will receive a £100 voucher bonus for referring suitable Support Teachers or Classroom Support Staff.
- We can only accept referrals for those already working in the UK, or who are eligible to work in the UK.
- If your friend is placed in a role via CER you will be eligible for your bonus after they complete the hours outlined above.
- CER reserves the right to offer an alternative reward of the same value at any time.
- Not all CER specialisms participate in this incentive. Please check with your local branch.
- CER reserve the right to transfer your referral to a more relevant and suited sub-division of Affinity Workforce Solutions if it would be in the interest of both parties.
- The referee has the right to decline any offers from CER
- CER’s decision is final.
Our schedule of available bonuses for the specific grades or specialities of candidates are listed below. This list is not exhaustive and if you are unsure of which category is eligible to you please contact CER’s Marketing Department on 01744 452 980 (option 4).
- £50 for referring Non Classroom Support Staff if you are not already registered with CER
The CER Refer a Friend scheme is limited to referrals of personal contacts. You must not refer any person under this scheme where you gained or developed the relationship through your employment, office, agency or any other position you may hold, or where referring the individual breaches any duty you may owe to any other organisation or person. To do so may amount to a criminal offence.
By referring any person under this scheme:
- You warrant and confirm that the referral does not breach any duty you (or any third party) may owe to any other person or organisation (due to any expectation on you to act in good faith or impartially, or because you are in a position of trust) arising out of any:
Function of a public nature;
B. Activity connected with a business, trade or profession;
C. Activity performed in the course of any person’s employment (including yours); or
D. Activity performed by or on behalf of a body of persons (whether corporate or incorporate)
- You agree to refund on demand (without any time limit) any reward where you are found to be in breach of these terms. CER shall not be liable arising out of or in connection with this agreement or (i) any loss of or damage to profit, revenue, savings, data, use, contract, goodwill or business or (ii) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, in each case howsoever caused or arising.
The term “howsoever caused or arising” when used in this agreement shall be construed widely to cover all causes and actions giving rise to liability, including but not limited to (i) whether arising by reason of any misrepresentation (whether made prior to and/or in this Agreement), negligence, breach of statutory duty, other tort, breach of contract, restitution or otherwise and (ii) whether arising under any indemnity and (iii) whether caused by any total or partial failure or delay by CER.
Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude any party’s liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by the negligence, or to the extent otherwise not permitted by law.