Health and Social Care Teacher
Health and Social Care Teacher - H&SC
CER is looking to recruit a full time teacher of Health and Social Care Teacher for 'Good' school in Pontefract. This role is to start after hlaf term until Christmas in the first instance.
- To teach Health and Social Care across the age and ability range
- To prepare students for external examinations and assessments as directed by the Director of Learning Key Tasks
- To prepare and deliver lessons according to school/departmental schemes of work
- To mark and assess students' work according to the school/departmental policies
- To attend and contribute to relevant meetings
- To play an active part in the long term development of the Department
- To play a full part in the allocated Head of Year Team - including carrying out duties as a form tutor, if appropriate
- To play a full part in safeguarding students and contributing to their personal development and well-being
- Degree in a Social Science subject PGCE
- Experience of teaching at KS4/ KS5 Health and Social Care
- Experience in leading on departmental initiatives
- rounding in teaching and learning strategies
- Commitment to the role of assessment to monitor progress
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of qualifications such as BTEC Level 2 and 3 and/or CACHE
- nthusiastic about teaching young people of all abilities
- Willingness to contribute to the development of teaching and learning across the department
- Enthusiasm about Health and Social Care
At CER, our supply staff are at the forefront of our priorities, we want you to be the best you can possibly be; providing you with suitable work, to fit around your life. We will provide you with FREE CPD courses and a dedicated consultant to help you develop in your new role with consistent contact to support you along the way.
The registration process is incredibly simple and can be done from the comfort of your own home. To progress your application we will need at least 2 professional references to cover the past 2 years with one of them being your current/most recent employer.
You will also be subject to an enhanced Child Workforce DBS that would need to be put on the Update Service.
- Secondary School