Every July we hold our prestigious Affinity Workforce Education Conference. This is our most anticipated event of the year, which celebrates the successes of the last 12 months, highlights our top performers within the business and gives the teams a chance to let their hair down after a busy school year.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year was different to most. For the very first time we held the conference virtually, streaming across all 3 brands, in 6 locations, with almost 150 employees enjoying croupiers, casino tables and lots of fizz!
Let’s take a look at some of the winners…
Star Performer: Every year, our star performers are awarded based on recommendations by their branch managers, highlighting their exceptional work during the past 12 months and what they have done to stand out as key team members. This year’s winners are:
• Ricky Cano – Monarch – Bristol
• Paul Prescott – CER – Liverpool
• Lynn Hardwick – CER – Newcastle
• Keeley Jones – Monarch – Birmingham
• Natalie Moody – CER – Newcastle
• Chris Pender – CER – Sheffield
Consultant of the Year: The winners of Affinity’s ‘Consultant of the Year’ award have shown an outstanding work ethic during the last year, have hit financial and KPI targets and generated large revenue across the brands. As well as showing great enthusiasm and dedication in their role, they have built strong relationships with their candidates and provided an efficient service. The winners are:
• Adam Turnbull – CER – Newcastle
• Anita Mason – Monarch – Birmingham
• Kevin O’Connor – Sugarman - London
Top Biller: Our top billers are awarded in each sector for billing the highest gross profit for the business. The winners are:
• Top Biller Primary (CER) – Elaine Berry – Liverpool
• Top Biller Primary (Monarch) – Louise Roadknight - Birmingham
• Top Biller Secondary (CER) – Jamil Albarq - Newcastle
• Top Biller Secondary (Monarch) – Chris Moon - Bristol
• Top Biller (Sugarman) – James Cooney – London
There have been many changes to the conference due to the recent pandemic, one of which is the prize awarded to the top billers and consultants of the year. Those who are lucky enough to win the sought after titles would usually be treated to an all-expenses trip to LAS VEGAS. Sadly, due to the current travel restrictions, a STAYcation is in order.
Therefore, the winners will be treated to an overnight trip to London. This includes an Oxford Street shopping trip, Selfridges vouchers, a 5-course meal at the award-winning Murano Restaurant and an overnight stay in a top hotel.
Our other winners of the night include:
• Best Newcomer – Matty Hope – CER – Newcastle
• Business Supporter of the Year – Laura Kilminster – Monarch – Birmingham
• Team of the Year – CER Newcastle
• Team of the Year – Monarch Birmingham
• Manager of the Year – David Parsons – CER Newcastle
Not only did we celebrate the achievements of the last 12 months, but we also acknowledged our longest-serving CER member, Elaine Berry.
Elaine joined as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant 25 years ago! She is now the Senior Divisional Operations Manager for CER Liverpool and has been a huge support to her team and a passionate and dedicated role model for many. Elaine was presented with some wonderful gifts and celebratory messages from her team. Congratulations Elaine!
A huge well done to all of our winners and to everyone for making our first virtual conference a huge success!
Stay tuned for some conference highlights on our social media pages. Here’s to the Education Conference 2022!