The main objective of Team-Teach is to develop skills in positive behaviour support including:
• Verbal and non-verbal communication
• Diversion & de-escalation
• Safe & effective interventions
This is conducted through a mixture of theory and practical-based sessions as well as through group discussions.
The CPD run by CER provides a 24-month nationally- recognised qualification.
Autism awareness is a free CPD course that provides strategies and information at an introductory level, which can then be used and applied within a classroom setting. It is a great course for people who want more information or who just need further ideas in supporting children in an individual or larger group setting.
It is delivered by a qualified teacher, who has used the specific strategies previously within a classroom setting. It is also a great opportunity to share advice with other members of staff and to gain further support.
Preparing for the Classroom
The Preparing for the Classroom course is aimed at cover supervisors, NQTs and teachers who have been out of the classroom for a while.
The key points and learning objectives for the course are:
• Discussing strategies for planning
• Understanding how to be prepared in your mind and working life
• Discussing planning tips and resourcing
• Encouraging structure and organisation into your week
• Understanding how to prepare for any behaviour problems