The Government has recently announced changes to the NTP as of September 2022, which simplifies the funding model.
Schools currently have three funding pillars to use their tutoring subsidy either through an approved Tuition Partner, academic mentors or the ringfenced school-led tutoring grant.
No funding pillars
As of September 2022, there will be no funding pillars. The NTP will provide tuition grants directly to schools, so they will no longer need to go through a central supplier to draw funds. Schools will have the freedom of picking their own private tutors and will be able to select external staff from a list of approved NTP tuition partners.
During the 2021/22 school year, the DfE covered 75% of the tutoring costs for each school. Under the new ruling, this will now change to 60%, meaning schools are required to pay the remaining 40% using other funding sources.
Making a Difference
This year, CER Education has supplied experienced, qualified tutors who have delivered in the region of 1000 hours of extra tuition to students outside of the classroom. We will continue to provide high-quality tutors both in the classroom and virtually throughout the 2022-2023 academic year, as well as offering summer tuition to those who need extra support during the school holidays.
Alex Champion, Operations Director at Affinity Workforce, said: “We are delighted to be a supplier on the NTP for the next academic year to support pupils to continue to grow, develop and learn.
“Schools are still seeing the effects of the pandemic on the younger generation and we are committed to ensuring that students have access to specialist tutors so they can achieve their potential.
“We welcome these changes to the NTP, making it easier for schools to access experienced tutors and educators to support students and everyone at Affinity Workforce and our brands are proud to be able to make this happen.”
So, if you are interested in utilising the funding with an approved NTP Tuition partner, or would like further information about the NTP for 2022-2023 academic year, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 450 7540